- 2+ Years Field Experience
- BICSI Technician Certs Preferred
- Must have overall working knowledge of telecommunications voice and data systems, voice and data cabling and cabling infrastructure.
- Must have experience installing, troubleshooting and testing unshielded and shielded twisted pair cabling.
- Must be trained and certified in the SCS manufacturers’ practices and installation guidelines.
- Must have experience and ability to work above false ceilings, on lifts, on catwalks, fishing cables in walls, installing raceways to conceal wire, installing mud-rings in drywall, installing cable racking and trays, installing data racks and frames, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of Local Area Network concepts and how to test from a data port to the workstation.
- Must have basic fiber optic cable experience (i.e., can identify cable types, understand the fiber cable color code, knows manufacturers handling requirements, can perform basic troubleshooting with a fiber light, can place fiber patch cables, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5+ Years Field Experience
- Experience installing, terminating, testing, and troubleshooting fiber communications cable systems
- Experience installing all common types of connectors (LC, SC and ST) both anaerobic and mechanical (unicam).
- Experience performing fusion splices or mechanical splices as required.
- Trained and competent using OLTS and OTDR test equipment.
- Experience with or ability to rep fiber enclosures, dress and prep cable into enclosures, fan-out and prepare bare fiber, terminate anaerobic/Unicam/quik connect/etc. connectors, mechanical/fusion splicing, pre/post OTDR testing, Light Source and Power Meter testing on both Multimode and Singlemode fiber
- Corning and CommScope Certs Preferred
- Strong Skills: Single Strand & Ribbon Splicing
- Fluent OTDR Testing & Troubleshooting
Outside Plant Technician
- 5+ Years Field Experience – Telecommunications
- Ensure assigned projects are completed on time, within budget and to PCC Network Solutions standards.
- Direct and supervise the implementation of Outside Plant (OSP) copper and fiber optic cabling systems for voice, data and video imaging on customer premises. Responsible to apply skills and knowledge to achieve efficient and accurate implementation and documentation of assigned projects.
- Review, understand, and execute project proposals/quotations, personnel requirements, equipment and cabling specifications, material management, tooling and transportation requirements for assigned project(s).
- Experience with Corning fiber optic test and splicing equipment, Greenlee winch equipment, copper TDR test equipment and 3M/710 copper 25pr splice rig equipment, and placement up to 2100 pr OSP copper cable.
- Perform site survey(s) as directed by management.
- Provide "as built" documentation used to identify all materials, labor, equipment and tooling used on projects, invoice customer, show proof of satisfactory completion of project and provide or update final "formal" documentation as required by the project specifications. Perform final job walk with customer to ensure total quality and customer satisfaction.
Entry Level Cabling Technician
- No Experience Necessary
- On the Job Training
- Strong Work Ethic
- Upbeat, Positive Attitude
- Must be at least 18 with a Valid Driver's License and Own Transportation
- Various Job Sites: Riverside, Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura Counties
Please send your resume via the Contact Form portal on our website, or email your resume to email@example.com.